Is one drink worth the risk? Make the right choice
We want everyone to enjoy the festive season, but we need to make sure we all enjoy the festive season safely. Any amount of alcohol affects your ability to drive safely, the only way you can be sure your driving is not impaired by alcohol is to not drink any alcohol if you are driving.
The only safe limit is a zero limit.
However, it’s not just driving immediately after drinking that’s the problem, many drivers get caught out the morning after. It is so important that we all make the right choice.
- To increase the knowledge amongst drivers that even one drink will impair driving and increase the risk of a serious crash.
- To educate drivers about the consequences and penalties of drinking and driving.
What are the consequences?
- Slower reaction times
- Unlimited fine
- Driving ban
- Serious crash
What are the statistics?
- Between 2017 and 2019, there were 676 collisions in Kent in which a driver/rider was impaired by alcohol.
- This resulted in 1006 casualties.
- Of those casualties, 213 were killed or seriously injured.
How will this campaign work?
Our winter drink drive campaign will be delivered via a number of methods. Here are some of the places you may see/hear our campaign:
- Radio adverts on KMFM and Heart Kent
- Adverts on social media
- Digital audio adverts
If you are a Parish or local council looking to promote the winter drink drive campaign in your area, the toolkit below will provide you with everything you need to promote these important messages.
We’d love to hear how you’ve made use of the toolkit, or if you would like any information about these campaigns, please email the road safety team on firstname.lastname@example.org